Why should you monitor your diet?
Excess weight, sometimes combined with reduced physical activity, can exacerbate heaviness in legs and even lead to the development of varicose veins.
Foods to avoid
Some foods encourage venous congestion, such as:
Combat excess weight
Try to lose weight (to the extent possible) if you are overweight.
Simple rules for healthy eating:
- Eat a varied diet
- Every day, make sure you eat:
- five portions of fruit and vegetables
- three dairy products
- fish, meat, or eggs (once or twice a day)
- carbohydrates (at every meal)
- Drink plenty of water
- Limit consumption of fats, high-sugar foods, alcohol, and salt
Avoid alcohol abuse
Alcohol abuse causes blood capillary dilation, leading to skin redness, blotchiness, erythrosis, and spider veins.